- B.S. International Economics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- M.S. Finance from American University
- Portfolio Manager of Student Managed Endowment Fund at American University
- Built customized investment models for Equity Planning, a boutique financial planning firm
- Prior VP of Residential Mortgage at Nationwide Mortgage Services
- Prior Capital Markets and Sales Manager at First Madison Mortgage, helping the company receive recognition in Inc. Magazine's 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list in 2006
- Appeared in notable publications and media outlets including The Wall Street Journal, Investopedia, CNBC, MarketWatch, Business Insider and more.
- Co-host of Launch Financial, a weekly podcast
Brad Sherman, President, Lead Financial Advisor
Sherman Wealth Management, based in Gaithersburg, Maryland just outside of Washington, DC, was founded by Brad Sherman, President and Lead Financial Advisor.
Brad has over a decade of experience in the financial services industry. When he was in first grade, he wanted to be Alex P. Keaton, the money-savvy kid played by Michael J. Fox on the show “Family Ties”. It was clear early on that he had an affinity for sound saving, investing and growing money. When Brad was seven, his grandmother gave him a dollar. He turned it into $5 then $50. Brad is thrilled by the challenge and success of helping people reach their financial goals at all states of their lives.
He founded Sherman Wealth Management because he believes that every client deserves the highest level of individualized attention, regardless of their age or the size of their financial profile. “Every client of Sherman Wealth Management receives an individual plan based on the open lines of communication we have – we discuss everything in regard to the client’s present situation and future goals, and we create a plan that works,” noted Sherman. Brad prides himself on being an advocate for his clients, providing a Fiduciary, fee-only service, designed to make clients feel comfortable with their investment choices and strategies.
Brad knows, and in most cases, has experienced the issues that many face – whether it’s paying off student debt, saving up to purchase a home, getting started planning for retirement, starting a family and more.
Brad still resides in Rockville, Maryland, where he was born and raised. He has a very strong connection in the community, where he regularly participates in a variety of organizations including the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington and The Rockville Chamber of Commerce. He also serves as the treasurer on the board of The Silicon Alley Foundation. He enjoys both fantasy and real football, baseball (especially his beloved Nats) and spending time with his two children.